While it’s easy to get caught up buying mountains of adorable gifts for a new baby, don’t forget to treat mom like the queen she is this holiday season. After all, she’ll actually use the mom gift—not just put it in her mouth.
The perfect gift can mean stylish on-the-go essentials to helpful organizers. And while she may not experience the princess-like pressures to be a perfect mom in the public eye like Meghan Markle, there are thoughtful gifts to take the stress off of new motherhood.
Show how much you care with the best Christmas gifts for new moms they’ll want to take everywhere.
9 Christmas Gift Ideas For New Moms
There are so many things to think about when navigating new motherhood, but staying organized doesn’t need to be one of them. If you’re looking for the best Christmas gift for a new mom, BÉIS has stylish storage solutions that will make the new mom in your life light up with joy.
#1 Diaper Bags And Backpacks
Every new parent knows that a diaper bag is a definite must-have for navigating life with a newborn. Say goodbye to gaudy patterns and bulky bags—from pouches and pockets to straps and sleeves, these modern diaper bag updates will be her go-to essential for all of her baby’s needs and more.
- Diaper Bag – The anti-diaper diaper bag with style to spare, The Diaper Bag or The Tote holds everything she needs to succeed as a new mum on the go. She’ll feel like Mary Poppins with this bag that takes everything from wipes to wet diapers effortlessly from point A to point B and back.
- Diaper Backpack – For a diaper bag that leaves hands free for baby-wrangling, The Backpack Diaper Bag or Diaper Backpack Tote is fabulously functional. Available in chic and patterns, their design will make her want to keep using it long after the days of diapering are gone.
- Ultimate Diaper Backpack – If you want to gift mom the swiss army knife of diaper bags, look no further than The Ultimate Diaper Backpack. With pockets on top of pockets, cupholders, magnetic closures, and a removable fanny pack, this bag is everything she didn’t even know she needed and more. It even makes for one of the best gifts for travel in general.
#2 Organizing Essentials
Some new mamas prefer to tote baby essentials in their favorite purses rather than carry a separate baby-centric bag. She’ll love these portable inserts that can easily slide from one bag to the next while holding everything her baby needs to be out and about.
- Organizing Insert – With spaces for everything from sunglasses to hand sanitizer, The Tote Insert is the ultimate storage essential for new moms on the go and can easily swap from one bag to the next without a full repack.
- Mini Tote Insert – Though smaller in stature, The Mini Tote Insert has enough space to bring a bit of everything, including bottles and wipes, in whatever bag, backpack, or tote she chooses to carry.
#3 Stroller Storage
While she’s probably all set with a stroller-car seat combo that can maneuver through the aisles, additional storage never hurts. Consider these storage options that will make wheeling around everything from diapers and pacis to games and snacks a breeze.
- Stroller Organizer – She’ll be utterly amazed by all the things that can fit into our Baby Stroller Organizer. With two cup holders, a zip pouch, and removable wristlet, this will be her go-to solution for life on the move.
- Stroller Caddy – This perfectly packable Stroller Caddy will be her lifeline from car to stroller and beyond. In addition to all the handy dandy pockets, the caddy is infinitely latchable, so she can secure it to everything from the grocery store cart to the seatback tray on her plane with ease.
#4 Cute Cooler For Bottles And More
Remember all the things mom has to think about? Add bottle storage to the list. Having a safe, spill-proof way to transport bottles will be a lifesaver when she needs to feed her babe on the fly. Insulated bags aren’t just for babies, though—when baby bottles transition to juice boxes and apple sauce pouches, a cute backpack cooler is the way to go.
- Insulated Baby Bottle Bag – With included ice packs, The Bottle Cooler will keep her little one’s liquid lunch at the perfect temperature until mealtime, while the easy-to-clean material makes handling unexpected messes a breeze.
- Backpack Cooler – When baby gets bigger and milk bottles turn to water bottles, The Terry Backpack Cooler is the perfect choice to keep sandwiches and drinks chilled. What’s more, the new mum will look effortlessly cool toting it around in textured citron or beige.
#5 Portable Changing Pad
Despite how incredible all those pouches and pockets can be in diaper bags, they can’t always help when it’s time for an on-the-fly diaper change. Unless, of course, she’s got a double duty portable changing pad that can keep even the cutest of baby bums in place long enough for a freshening up.
We all know that babies do things on their own time, and when it’s time for a diaper change it doesn’t matter to them if you’re at home or in the middle of a family dinner out—you change the diaper when it needs changing. The Travel Changing Pad Organizer features an extra-wide pad to keep little ones comfortable and clean and provide a surface barrier. And, it folds up so compact that you can slide it into any of your purses, totes, or bags.
#6 Sleek and Chic Pumping Bag
Whether she’s a working mom or on a weekend getaway, breast pumps are an essential annoyance for many a new mom. Style and breast pump don’t typically go hand in hand, but we came up with the perfect storage solutions to put the “pretty” in pumping bag:
- Pumping Bag – Sure, there’s a lot to pack for a baby when you’re on the go, but breast pumps can have so many pieces that keeping everything neat and secure is an absolute must. The Pumping Bag has just the right amount of storage and will look chic even after the baby moves on to formula or solid food.
- Pumping Backpack – Hands-free is the way to be, and The Pumping Backpack will make toting all the pumping essentials and keeping milk secure until she gets home easy-peasy.
#7 The Most Adorable Diaper Pack
Sometimes you just need to slip out for a quick sec to grab something at the store or pop over to your bestie’s place for a baby play date. A compact diaper pack that can hold just the right amount of necessities for mom and baby might just be one of the most perfect gifts for new moms for Christmas.
#8 Weekender Bag
With all the focus on fabulous baby-centric bags, don’t forget that mom needs something for her, too. A gorgeous weekend bag will be just the thing to make mom feel special, and she can even slip one of the portable totes in for all the extras during her first postpartum overnight getaway.
- Weekender Bag – The Weekender is our original, first-ever bag design and it's so functional she can even use it as a hospital bag pre-baby. The sleek design hides room for all the necessities for an overnight or road trip.
- Convertible Weekender Bag – The Convertible Weekender and its tinier counterpart, The Convertible Mini Weekender, have all the storage and style of our original Weekender with the added functionality of a fully removable bottom compartment for ultimate versatility.
#9 Gift Certificate
With so many choices, it might be tough to narrow down the best Christmas gifts for a new mom. If you’re unsure whether she prefers basic black to navy or beige, or whether she needs a diaper pack or ultimate diaper bag, treat her to a BÉIS gift card and let her choose something she’ll love.
If you want to make your BÉIS gift even more personal, turn the bag into a gift basket and slip some gift cards or gift certificates into the many pouches and pockets. In addition to a BÉIS gift card, add a gift card to her favorite coffee shop and a portable coffee mug, or a meal service like Blue Apron and her favorite teas.
Treat the New Mom in Your Life to BÉIS This Holiday Season
Here at BÉIS, we’re no strangers to the chaos and hustle that comes with new motherhood. That’s why we designed our BÉIS Baby Collection to cover all the storage necessities and everyday essentials to make mom’s life easier without sacrificing her stellar sense of style.
When it comes to Christmas gifts for new moms, functionable and fashionable items that will keep her organized are the best way to give her presents that she’ll use and love.
We don’t just do baby basics, though—from backpacks and roller bags to totes, carry-ons, and luggage, we have travel must-haves for the whole family (even the furry, four-legged ones). Check out our newest arrivals and find the perfect holiday gifts for all the luggage lovers on your list.
- Wright, Jennifer. "Meghan Markle Isn't the Only Mom Under Pressure to Be Perfect." Harper’s Bazaar. 26 October, 2019. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/politics/a29540830/meghan-markle-motherhood/
- "37 Best Travel Tips for Traveling With an Infant, Older Baby, or Toddler." Pampers. Updated 4 May, 2022. https://www.pampers.com/en-us/baby/activities/article/traveling-with-babies
- Courtney, Nadine. "The Secrets of Traveling Around the World With a Baby." Vogue. 21 June, 2016. https://www.vogue.com/article/how-to-travel-with-a-baby-internationally